Sunday, January 15, 2012

We Argued ~ A poem for the #buddharocksproject ~ Day 1


We Argued

Dishes were piling up
She bought the expensive, Oil of Olay dish soap
I bought the cheap, orange stuff

If it’s one thing you can’t be cheap with, it’s dish soap
What does it matter? Clean is clean
And the fuse was lit

You buy whatever else you want
Just the other day you talked about saving money
How can we save when you buy pizza any time you have to cook
My cooking is liked
Why do you always bring my mother into it
I said no such thing but if the shoe fits
We wouldn’t have any shoes if my parents didn’t help out
Sure, sure like we had a choice
You chose me, there’s always a choice
You wouldn’t choose me now, would you
I had to didn’t I
If you had had been prepared
They said you were easy, why be prepared
It didn’t even last that long yet nine months later

What
What

We both started crying
No more than the other
Hugs turned to kisses which turned to makeup sex which turned into

Sweet dreams honey
Sorry No, I’m sorry I didn’t mean Nor did I
I love you I love you too

Until the next day
When the mountain of dishes needed done
We... divided up the chores

and the dishes were done by

2 comments:

Bubba said...

A very personal tale told here, Bryce. I think everyone who's co-habited with another person (or more than one) knows these feelings.

Evelyn said...

yea, see.
your writing is like totally naked.
its so exposed, I see veins and organs.
jesus...
the picture is an interesting choice. Makes me think there is more here, or possibly an ugly end in another dimension...