Monday, December 19, 2011

Buddha rocks project ~ take two, number 2


In the ravine
water
rushes by

some bare trees
a green basketball
an old, decomposing
dog house
and a shoe

what's it all mean
I ask myself

the trees are bare
cause it's winter

I remember that basketball
getting away from my daughter
so angry and still
she shoots perfect
free throws

I just put down
my dog so
who cares if that dog house
housed a loving friend
well... I do

it's all discarded
few but the garbage man
or some do-gooder
college kids
will ever see

but the richest
of memories
no matter the pain
is the richness of
memories

So I
clean up the stuff
and consider
the shoe

who knows who's
memory
it's rushing through
now

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

My favorite is the ending...
You have such a rambling yet logical way of telling a tell, yet its still a poem to me...
excellent.

Bubba said...

Nice whimsical take on my photo... I'm sure people would litter a little less if they stopped to consider the memories tied-up in certain things.