Sunday, December 11, 2011

Buddha's photo prompt 1 - Grasshopper and Fly


It was the beginning of the end, I knew it. I just knew it!

I had spent hours on that car, cleaning it, making it purdy, bringing out its inner Delta. I used the finest dish soup money could buy; a lemon, orange mix only the Gods of dishpan hands could come up with. Enough Turtle wax that I'd swear I single-handedly put the whole turtle population on the endangered species list. And toothbrushes... BOY! did I use enough toothbrushes. I don't have to tell you about toothbrushes and cars, do I? The detailers secret weapon.

After all that and the better part of my Sunday spent making mom's old Galaxy Blue Delta 88 sparkle like the finest cubic zirconia a hundreds bucks can buy, and the INSECTS OF DOOM come out of the desert to sit on my car's windshield. It's a sign, I tell ya. A deadly sign of DOOM!

If it is the End, guess I'm going out in style. I'll ride off into the Hollywood sunset in my shinny, like-new 1972 Delta 88 with a grasshopper and fly sitting on its windshield and you know what? I'll speed along the highway collecting the splats of as many innocent insects as I can without a care in the world. If they're coming to warn me of the end, I am sure as HELL gonna take out as many of those nasty buggers as I can. Me and my Delta 88, that is. An insect's worst nightmare.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryce, this is some good stuff. I really like how you played this out, Bravo!

Evelyn said...

This is why I love this project.
I was expecting poetry and here is this wonderful prose piece.
Thanks so much!
Cant wait for more...

Billie Woods said...

I like the easy nostalgic feel to this piece of writing.

Bubba said...

A clever tale wrought from such a simple picture. I'm glad you joined in Evelyn's "BuddhaRocks Project"

P.S.
You've got a new Follower.

Robin Hawke said...

Loved the character of this piece. Robin